There was certainly a buzz in the air yesterday around the Saint Mary’s campus with the news that construction was starting on the new Athletics & Recreation Corridor. The first major athletics-related project in some time, the project encompasses the Joseph L. Alioto Recreation Center, a 1,500-seat baseball stadium and a beautiful plaza that will link those facilities with the Korth Tennis Complex and Cottrell Field.
If you haven’t seen the coverage of yesterday’s groundbreaking ceremonies and the reaction from the SMC community, there are several places to catch up around the Internet. Here are the links:
- SMC announces new athletics and recreation corridor – SMCGaels.com (includes story, video, photos, links)
- Official project website – stmarys-ca.edu
- Saint Mary’s to break ground on baseball stadium – Contra Costa Times
- Picture this: Saint Marys’ grand plans take root – San Francisco Chronicle
- Saint Mary’s to add $30M expansion to athletic center – CSNBayArea.com
- Saint Mary’s College swings for the fences; new sports facility bears Joe Alioto’s name – Lamorina Patch